Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Taipei invasion

So, as I've alluded to in facebook, I'm no longer in the western hemisphere. A short flight from Reno to San Francisco with a fairly short layover there and then it was 12 and a half hours to Taipei.
... I didn't sleep very well on that flight, and now it's been more than a day since my last shower, take all that in with the necessity of economy class flying?
Imagine a picture of Hrothgar, devourer of souls, wedged in a tiny airline seat between a mother with a crying baby and sleeping fatman here and you have the gist of what I was expecting. But no, that was not the case. In fact, thanks to the seating arrangement Jeff and I had gotten when getting our boarding passes (in between security areas, as SFO is not laid out for coherence, at least not for the security zones (and all of this thanks to a very nice chinese lady helping us. Chen, you don't know who I am, but you and others at China Airlines are truly marvelous employees, I hope you are recognized).

Hmm.. looks like my flight for Hiroshima is preparing to board. I'll continue later.

No comments:

Post a Comment